I'm feeling all nostalgic these days so I decided to look for some of the toys I played with as a kid. I know I'm dating myself but do any of these bring back memories?
"Weebles wooble but they don't fall down!"
The pop-up treehouse was waaaay cool!


"Jody" and her barn, country store and kitchen. I still have them! They are set up in my basement for kids (uh-hem) to play with.
Barbie townhouse complete with elevator. Come on...admit it...you had one! My sister and I had an entire Barbie neighborhood in our playroom. We spent countless hours playing with our Barbies and their babies.
We had these adorable tiny twin babies for our Barbies.
Funny...we never had any Kens! I guess they were always at work.

11 comments:
OMG!!! I like totally loved the Barbie house, and I never, ever got one! Totally!!!
I played with my barbie house ALL THE TIME! The elevaor never stayed on the track though. Oh well...I loved it anyway!
How about your first Cabbage Patch Doll and the line your mom probably had to stand in to obtain one??
Never had a Barbie house. Actually was never really a Barbie gal. And I remember the Weebles too! My Cabbage Patch doll was named "Natalie Erica". Good memories!
Ah, so you were one of those rich kids who actually had the Barbie house with the elevator.
My Barbie house was made out cardboard boxes that my sister and I decorated and stacked on each other. We dreamed of one day getting the real thing, but alas, it never happened.
We had the Malibu Barbie with Ken, Skipper, and Francie and played with them for a zillion hours. We also had the orange car and best of all...the camper!!!!
OMG! I totally had all of those toys! esp the weebles playhouse and the barbie townhouse with the super duper elevator! I wonder how much those would go for on ebay? :)
I never had the Barbie house either! I always wanted one, but my mom was so crafty that she turned our changing table into a 3 level Barbie house with wallpaper, carpet, and even chandeliers! Thanks for bringing back the memories!!!
Probably my favorite toy was my baby doll. I played with it so much we had to tape her arms and legs back on.
lol i remember the weebles... but only because grandma still has them all haha
and i had a barbie mcdonalds? odd. i know.
you gotta look at my page!! ultrasound pictures!!
Actually, Kathi...since my Dad was a Christian school teacher and my mom was a stay-at-home-mom, our toys came from garage sales and consignments shops. So we got the "rich kids" hand me downs!
One of mom's hot garge sale finds was the hot pick Barbie car!
this post is excellent!!
i was always the flat-chested, athletic barbie, skipper.
my mom didn't work, either, so i can remember using shoes for cars.
anyone else do this? a high heel was the sports car of shoes.
*sigh* thanks for the trip down memory lane!!
I tagged you on my blog. Check it out and let us hear about you.
Post a Comment