I wish I had the time to explain in detail all the amazing miracles, yes, literal miracles, I have witnessed in a week's time.
Last week it had to do with turkeys (262 turkeys to be exact). Yesterday, the rest of the Thanksgiving meal (150 of them). Today a check for $200 to provide a family with Christmas gifts for their kids. I knew immediately who should receive it.
Even though the above mentioned miracles weren't direct provisions for me, they greatly influenced me. I was able to watch God working through His people. Because they were obedient. Because they listened and heard His voice. But I didn't have to wait long for my own personal miracles. Mine came today.
I needed to make a phone call. Didn't want to. It would be uncomfortable. Besides, the person is impossible to reach. I'll just wait to see if I bump into him this weekend. Not ten minutes after having this conversation in my head, HE called ME! We got everything accomplished in a 10 minute healthy conversation. Awesome conversation. Yeah God.
Shortly after that, I checked out our planning website to see who I would be serving alongside of this weekend. I noticed a name of someone who had wronged me and had never asked for reconciliation. As I saw his name I realized that I didn't feel an ounce of negativity towards him. I had no hard feelings and I had totally forgiven him and didn't even realize it. This was an absolute first for me. Totally not in my nature. NOT TEN MINUTES LATER (I'm not making this up!) HE CALLED ME! To apologize for the situation! I was able to tell him what had just happened when I saw his name and that I had NO hard feelings. I told him that he probably had to make this call more for HIS sake than mine. I don't think I've ever experienced such a hands-on picture of grace. What was even more shocking is that it was extended by ME! Because extending grace is certainly not on my resume.
Oh, speaking of resumes, I'm working on mine. For this.
Meeting the King
4 weeks ago
2 comments:
WOW! WOW! WOW!
I find so much encouragement in this. Thank you for sharing!
Loved every word esp the last few. Will pray!
Post a Comment