Saturday, June 28, 2008

He Was Right All Along

I have a fabulous Small Group. We began meeting to discuss the "Joy Ride" series and never stopped. God is using this incredible group of women to reveal His truth to me. Every week I have "ah-ha" moments. I wish I had time to share them all.

Here's one that I'm still trying to get my mind around:

We all have those times when we doubt God's plans or His timing: "Why did You do that?" "Why aren't You fixing this NOW?" "Why would You let that happen?" "Why? Why? Why?" Those questions often lead to anger, frustration, impatience and lack of trust in God. And then we enter those times we can hardly even communicate with Him.

But for me, deep within, I know God is...trustworthy, perfect, true, loving, holy, etc. Therefore, I have to conclude that at those times when I'm frustrated with the way He is orchestrating things, that I am the one at fault. Because He, by His very nature, can't be.

It's like trying to believe that ice isn't cold. I can say it isn't cold, but it still is. I can tell others it isn't cold, but it still is. I can even convince myself it isn't cold but it doesn't change the fact that it is still cold. God is constant, true, and unchanging. My unbelief or lack of trust, doesn't change who He is (thank goodness!). He can't be wrong, therefore, I must be.

So God uses people, His Word, and His Spirit to speak to me and change my heart and reveal to me that His ways really are best. And when I finally give up my plans and my agendas and my timings, what do I ultimately end up learning?

  • That God is patiently waiting (I'll never understand how He does that!)
  • That LPC is a safe place to admit you don't have it all together
  • That being disappointed with God is normal and okay to talk about
  • That His ways are better than mine (DUH!)
  • That His timing is best (and never matches mine)
  • That I was wrong (DUH, again!)
  • That I learn best the slow, painful, hard way (and, boy, how I hate that!)

This journey continues to be completely unexpected to me. And traveling it with my LP family is an amazing adventure!

Thanks, KB/JB/LB/KS/AK!

2 comments:

Brooke said...

That is awesome that your group is still meeting...and a great reminder that through all the "mess" of life, HE IS I AM.

Kathleen said...

You have such a great way of communicating and summarizing. It's so much clearer to me now. My thinking is so muttled sometimes.