I just got back from a long weekend at a glorious beach house near Fenwick Island. It was an incredible time of reflection. I spent a lot of time reading through my 2008 journal and I was repeatedly reminded of God's incredible work in my life. It was helpful for me to see the whole year as a package...it was more like a novel in itself, not just one chapter. I discovered connections I had never noticed before...pieces that fit together or influenced each other as God carried out His masterful plan. I was reminded of ways God had provided, moved, worked, pushed, spoke, shouted. Divine engagements perfectly orchestrated by an amazing God.
If I want to be self-protective, I'd say that I hope 2009 doesn't hold as much pain. Who would want that? But if I really want to know God and become more like Christ, I should welcome pain. Because apparently, for me, it is the most effective tool for growth. Believe me, we hate it but it works.
I hope when I read through my 2009 journal, I'll be able to see another year of being drawn closer to my Savior who loves me unconditionally. I hope I'll be further along in my journey and not stuck on a rabbit trail. I hope I'll discover that I was a better influencer because I was in tune with God. I hope I'll hear His voice clearer and more often instead of being distracted by the noises of my selfish life. I hope I'll be abiding in the light and not hiding in the darkness.
I hope.
Meeting the King
4 weeks ago
1 comments:
Amen!!
Post a Comment