I'm feeling introspective so decided it was time to post. I have no idea where this is going. So, yes, it will be random.
I'm feeling burdened for my sister. Husband needs a job, they need to sell their house, van broke down, kids start new school tomorrow in a district they have to move into by Oct 15 in order for the kids to attend school there. I can't imagine her life. I can only pray from this end. Can you please stop reading this and whisper a prayer for a house showing they have on Friday? And pray that someone would be burdened to drop them a huge check in the mail.
I'm back to biking now that I'm feeling better. Been trying to rack up the miles. The weather's perfect. Ran over two chipmunks on my last ride. I need to do more than biking though.
I started a serious diet thanks to an incredible iPhone app. It is totally motivating, fairly easy to stick to, and actually kind of fun. Can't believe I used the word "fun" in a description of a diet. The app tracks calories and exercise and does all the calculating for me. I'm grilling more, shopping wisely, drinking tea instead of coffee, planning ahead and saving money by not eating out. By the way, I started this BEFORE hearing this weekend's message at LP. A group of Lancaster friends started a Biggest Loser Club. They each pitched in $75 to join which ended up creating a winning pot of $2250!! Now that's motivating! Their weigh in finale is Dec 15. I guess they are all hoping to look hot in time for Christmas.
My woman's Bible study regroups next Monday. I need the discipline but I'm not a good Small Group Leader. We are going to study "Girl Talk" by Jen Hatmaker. A study on friendship. Ugh...something that's kind of a sore spot for me right now. God knew I'd need this study.
I'm excited about football season. Gonna enter all the Ravens' games on my calendar tonight. Hope I don't become too much of a couch potato.
I'm absolutely in love with my fire. I know...I've said it many times before. It is my sanctuary. However, it is a constant struggle finding wood. Every load I pick up is gone in one night.
I was attacked by a hummingbird today...three times. I don't know why he was attracted to me. I wasn't wearing bright colors. Maybe just curious. He kept hovering and darting around my head. I wish I could have snapped his photo.
My neighbors scream at their kids. I don't mean yell, I mean scream. This afternoon a two year old literally cried for hours as her mom tortured her with screaming. I don't know how people live like that. Oh, by the way, that family is "Christian."
As I was writing this my sister called. In a puddle of tears. Please pray.
So can you tell I never started that unpublished blog? I'm still talking here. Haven't started swearing...yet. Boy, could I go for some ice cream right now.
Meeting the King
4 weeks ago
1 comments:
Your random thoughts made me chuckle! Sorry to hear about your sister and her family...even though we hate it, desperate times make us depend desperately on God...the place He wants us to be anyway. He WILL provide for them. Hope your migrains are lessening!
Post a Comment