Monday, June 28, 2010

Just Another Sunday Evening

So I'm supposed to be off my feet, right?

  • water flowers
  • fill kitchen sink to clean a large item
  • go to basement to get computer
  • hear water running
  • find it pouring down laundry room wall and onto storage shelves
  • run upstairs and check sink
  • run downstairs and unplugged cable/modem/power strip which are filling with water
  • turn off water main
  • water doesn't stop
  • examine the wall to find the cause
  • go to neighbor's to ask her if she has a leak
  • wait for her to check her basement
  • YES! four inches of water in her basement!
  • relieved it isn't mine
  • frustrated it isn't mine!
  • plea for help on facebook (thankful for my phone cuz I have no internet!)
  • grab towels, fan, trash bags
  • call my mom and she laughs
  • help arrives with shop vac
  • begin removing and sorting through boxes and boxes of soaked supplies
  • shop vac, garbage, dehumidifier, wet towels in washer
  • all cleaned up with cable and modem revived at 11pm!!
Monday morning:
  • empty dehumidifier
  • call friend to haul away the garbage and mow my lawn
  • re-run washer cuz I forgot to put towels in the dryer at midnight
  • run to Walmart with a helpful friend to get tubs
  • repack supplies and restock shelves
  • crash on the couch
Last week I looked at that area of the laundry room and told myself, "I really needed to go through all that and clean it out." Thanks so much, Dale/Jodie Binkley, Marc Held and Cassie Fritz!

Good grief...those towels are STILL in the washer.

0 comments: