I got the call yesterday.
"The biopsy was positive for inverted papilloma."
You know those phrases you read in novels?
"The news sucked the breath out of her."
"The world seemed to stand still."
"She didn't hear anything that was said after that."
They are all possible. true. 100% accurate. happened. yesterday. 1:35pm. st patrick's day. maybe if I had worn green...?
Hours later I recalled that the Dr's office and I had agreed on an appointment date but I didn't remember the appointment time. I don't even remember discussing options. But somehow I had entered a time into my calendar.
I had been in the middle of a phone call with a complete stranger when my cell lit up with my surgeon's number. This stranger was a staff member from a church I'd never heard of. She had contacted me to compare notes in our ministry areas. We had only talked a few minutes when my cell rang. I told her I was really sorry but I had to take the call. A few minutes later I had to call her back to tell her I couldn't talk. Today, she sent me this email...
"Dear Jodie, I'm sorry you received bad news while we were on the phone. My heart goes out to you so much. May the peace of God be with you, giving you courage and wisdom. Blessings, Tanya"
Written by a stranger.
I guess there are no strangers in the family of God.
Meeting the King
4 weeks ago
2 comments:
I am sorry, too, Jodie. I am speechless and thankful that the Holy Spirit knows how to pray for us. Love you. I am so so sorry.
I love you D.
Post a Comment