Friday, July 1, 2011

Love My Fridays Off

My day started with an eye appt. Got the unusual news that my eyes have actually IMPROVED! Significantly! Crazy! Of course, that means a new script for my glasses. Cha-ching!

I left the office with pupils dilated, of course. Fun times running errands on a bright, sunny day.

But this glorious day couldn't be totally spent being productive. So I headed to the trail and was grateful to have eyesight for all these little unexpected blessings.

Out of the corner of my eye I saw a flash of blue and quickly turned to see a beautiful blue bird. I'm pretty sure it was an indigo bunting. I'm familiar with our other local blues, bluejay and eastern bluebird, and this was neither of those. I've never seen an indigo before.

I was riding along and happened to look down at the stream at one point. Along the bank were three men painting at easels much like this one. They all wore wide brimmed hats. It was so cute! You never know what you'll see on the NCR.

It's berry time on the trail! An unexpected treat! I ate as many as I could find which wasn't much after the birds got 'em.


Another first...a one legged cyclist. He looked like a pro in full gear. Btw, you'd be surprised how many pics google can provide you of one legged cyclists! Apparently, they aren't rare.

I went further north than I have ever gone. Don't be impressed. I also started further north so I didn't set any records. Just an average 22miles. In New Freedom, PA there is a cafe which has two of these cabooses (caboosi?) parked at it. They were awesome!

The closer you get to PA the steeper the incline. It's rough. But the reward is the return trip. DECLINE! IT'S AWESOME! The trail was so empty today so I decided to gun it and see how fast I could go on the way back. My max was 18.9 mph. So I didn't break any laws! It was so awesome! If I had hit a rock, or a deer, or a stick, or a chipmunk (which somebody did cuz Mr. Chip was belly up on the trail), I would have been thrown from my bike. I stayed above 15mph the entire 11 miles back. And my legs will tell you I'm not lying.

I retract my previous statement. It was a productive day from beginning to end.

1 comments:

MrsMike said...

i wish i did fun things like you lol. my day involved... sitting on my front porch telling other kids to stop picking on my kid... and going to the post office as soon as it was cool enough to get in the black car. end of day. LOL