Friday, December 28, 2007

I'm in Love!


For the past year, my friends and family have heard me talking about possibly purchasing a new vehicle. In fact, on a six hour trip home from NY this summer, Jayne (my sister) and I were checking out every vehicle we passed. I remember at one point liking the looks of something called the "Outlander" and wondering what it was but never thinking about it again.

Well, on Christmas Day, it dawned on me that with MD sales tax increasing next week, I should be a wise steward (did I just spiritually justify spending?) and purchase a car...quick!! Of course, my two "brothers" who wanted the joy of test driving with me are in TX and CO...sorry guys! I had to choose without you!

And boy, did I ever choose well! I'm now the owner of a 2007 Mitsubishi Outlander...a former company car with only 9,000 miles...and I am absolutely IN LOVE! The Outlander is rivaling the RAV4 and CRV without the sticker shock. And this '07 model is getting incredible reviews. The Outlander was totally revamped this year and now outdrives its counterparts. Even the CarMax sales guys I worked with fell in love with it (uh...I'm guessing they wouldn't put it that way.)

And speaking of sales guys...they were incredible! CarMax is definitely "The Way Car Buying Should Be"...it was a phenomenal experience. They were so helpful, non-pressuring, knowledgable, informative, helpful and personable. CarMax is right up there with Chick-fil-A's Customer Service! Every single person I worked with was incredibly helpful and pleasant.

So here is my new Christmas toy!! I'd list all the bells and whistles but making adults drool is kinda rude. So I'll just brag that I stayed under budget AND still got more than I expected. It was the first car I test drove...it was love at first sight!!!

9 comments:

Jason Fullen said...

I'm shocked, stupified, and impressed. Glad to call you a friend, Jodie. And welcome to the blogsphere.

Anonymous said...

you!!! you have a blog... thats so cute <3

Jen said...

Congratulations Jodie--on the car and the blog! Looking forward to reading up on your life! Welcome to blogland!

Rachel said...

I love the car. It's awesome.

Amy said...

A new car and a blog! Wow! You have had a busy Christmas. Congratulations. I'll be home tomorrow, and can't wait for you to take me for a ride sometime soon.

Kathleen said...

I just want you to know that you have inspired me to start up my bloggin' again! I have to new postings now. I am just trying to get on your cool list.

jen said...

blogging??? what's blogging??? I seem to have forgotten ...

Lance said...

I love the car...

Jason and I are going to kidnap you and make you reveal the secrets of management! You have been warned.

Anonymous said...

My name is Chris and I am the social media PR guy at the CarMax home office. Google Alerts notified me of your blog posting mentioning us. I love to read blogs from happy customers! I am glad you had a great experience at one of our stores and I hope you tell your friends to visit CarMax, too.

Thanks again for the shout-out!