Saturday, April 5, 2008

Productive Weekend

My "weekends" are Friday and Saturday. So Fridays are my day to catch up on personal stuff (cleaning, phone calls, laundry, cooking, bills, etc) and Saturday is errand/running-around day. This weekend I had the blessing of a wonderful handyman help me get some maintenance projects completed around the house. So in celebration of a productive weekend, here's everything that got completed between the two of us...

FRIDAY:

  1. toilet handle fixed (yahoo!)
  2. leaky kitchen faucet fixed (the culprit was a speck of dirt...seriously! I told him that that would make a good sermon illustration. I'll remember that the next time I preach)
  3. magnetic knife rack hung (love it!!)
  4. bedroom mirror hung
  5. discussion of random refridgerator alarm (but no solution!)
  6. bathroom door stop replaced
  7. furnace filter replaced (I did that one!)
  8. water main access built
  9. front door removed, adjusted, rehinged, molding replaced, rescrewed, rehung (huge project I wasn't expecting him to do!)
  10. clothing sorted: donation pile, consignment pile, swapped winter for spring! (uh...that was done by me not him)
  11. laundry and ironing
  12. grocery shopping
  13. organized 3 closets
  14. fixed clock
  15. dusting and vacuuming
OH NO...I forgot to have him check for the guy living in the attic!

SATURDAY:
  1. donations taken to mission
  2. to Towson for errands
  3. to Pikesville to get cell phone fixed
  4. more grocery shopping (produce prices in Reisterstown rock!)
  5. to Walmart for light bulbs and weed killer
  6. light bulbs replaced around the house
  7. minor yard work (man what a beautiful day!)
  8. church
  9. Newcomer's Dessert
  10. watch Final Four...I'm out of the running

And, of course, emailing, blogging and phone calling were done throughout both days. I can tell what most of you are thinking..."you can tell she doesn't have kids!"

Man, I love a successful weekend! As a reward, Sunday afternoon I'm going to DC to see the cherry blossoms which, believe it or not, I've never seen!

Oh...um, yes you'll notice that "finish taxes" is still missing from the lists. There's always next week.

3 comments:

Kathi Roach said...

Okay, you win. You go girl! That's all I can say.

Amy said...

WOW! I thought I got a lot done this weekend, but you win!

Jessica said...

whew. nice work.

i was in D.C. today too!

i hope your trip was okay. There were 15000 runners downtown today for the race.. not to mention fans and tourists.

it would have been fun to run into you :)

have a great week!