Since buying my house seven years ago, there has only been one thing I have been completely terrified about discovering in my house. I have mice (and hate them!) but they don't freak me out. I have spider crickets (which creep me out) but I tolerate them.
But my deepest fears came to fruition today when the one creature that I always said would make me go completely bezerk, appeared in my basement...
Yes, a snake. Albeit just a garter snake but it was still a creepy, crawly snake. This is NOT a picture of me holding it. In fact, that is the problem. The snake disappeared before it could be captured and as far as I know, IT IS STILL IN THE HOUSE!!!
Anyone want to come snake hunting???
Meeting the King
4 weeks ago
6 comments:
Actually a garter snake sitting in my flower box made me start my blog. I wanted to share with someone that day. I started pulling weeds with Rachael next to me and about jumped out of my skin. She'll be in therapy in 20 years blaming me for her irrational fear of snakes. I won't be coming by to help with the hunt. Maybe kids on THE HUNT could help! :)
Bring your camera Sunday for Ken.
So don't snakes eat mice??? Just saying...
And, cats take care of mice and snakes. Maybe you're going to have to break down and get a pet!
Well, this one is apparently eating the spider crickets because I haven't had any yet this Fall. Adam says I should keep him as a pet so he can be my exterminator! Hmmmm...which would I rather have living with me...snake or spider crickets? NO BRAINER!
Okay...that was odd! We posted at the exact same time! Yes, a cat was also discussed!!! But I'm thinking of asking around for a cat to "borrow"!
Yikes! I hate snakes. If I found one in my basement, I would probably run out of my house screaming.
Post a Comment