Saturday, October 11, 2008

I Can't Contain Myself!!!

I bought a new bike! And lots of "extras" to go with it!! I'd show you an actual picture of it but my camera has died. I love it!!! I can't wait to ride!! It is so aggravating that I didn't have time to ride today and I leave for a 4 day trip to Chicago tomorrow. But I'm definitely going to hit the trail next weekend! I'm scheduling some bike rides and sending out evites for them. Let me know if you want to be included.

Okay, I know. A few posts back I raved about getting a bike and a bike rack. Well, the bike, as explained to me by bike "experts," wasn't "geometrically correct" for me. In other words, it was way too uncomfortable. I would never be motivated to ride it. So with the prodding of friends, I broke down and purchased an awesome new ride.
Yes, I recently bought a ridiculously expensive vacuum and we ARE in the midst of an economic crisis. However, if gas gets up to $10/gallon, I at least have two new options for getting to work...vacuum or bike.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Congrats on the new bike! I can't wait to see it. And, I want to ride with you. Let me know when you're going.

Hope you have a great trip!

Chocolate, Vanilla and Caramel said...

I would definitely suggest the vacuum. I mean, it's pink, and you just can't beat that. I would love to come along on your rides, but I unfortunately don't have a bike and would have to go via tricycle...