Weekend 180:
Our Student Ministries had a weekend event which included being involved in a service project. Saturday I got to take nine sixth grade girls to my favorite place: NESAP Food Pantry! They worked so hard checking expiration dates, stocking shelves and filling bags for distribution. Not a single complaint and they even asked to come back! It was amazing to watch them in action.
Restored!
Three months ago this happened. After much frustration my house is 95% healed! I spent hours and hours working on it these past two weeks and with the help of some great friends it was completed Friday night. Totally!...cleaned, furniture back in place, supplies away. I can walk through my house without tripping over something. It's been 3 months! I actually woke up this morning wondering what house project I was going to work on then realized I didn't have any! The remaining 5% includes carpet repair and painting the stairwell which two amazing friends are coming to complete this week. And I still have a few things to rehang. I can't explain the relief I feel having my life back.
It's Baaaaack!
In 2003, I was diagnosed with a rare benign sinus tumor which took three surgeries to remove. It is described as "destructive, aggressive, highly recurrent and transitionally malignant."
After seven years of dormancy, mine has lived up to its description. It has returned but fortunately a sample that was removed at an office visit still tested benign. Surgery is pending. Praying that the biopsy of the entire tumor will once again be clear.
A Weekend at LifePoint:
We are in the midst of a sermon series which is tackling some tough topics and this week's content was amazing. I was service host which is no surprise because I inevitably have a tough week leading up to the weekend that I host. However, the enemy did not reign this week. Defeated! Put in his place! I made it through. Well, until the 10:45 service erupted in passionate worship during the final song and I was overwhelmed.
No relief:
Six weeks ago I began having horrible pain in my lower back. Two cortisone shots, two weeks of physical therapy, too many copays and I'm still hurting. Praying for an answer.
There you have it. A little piece of what's been going on with me. What's up with you?
Meeting the King
4 weeks ago
2 comments:
peek-a-boo! or should I say... "i cant hear you!" haha
Wow, Jodie. Much going on with you. Praying for peace in the midst.
Post a Comment