I'm afraid that my circle of friends and family are tired of hearing about each new chapter of my very long medical bio. So when the latest chapter started being written a few weeks ago I kept it to myself. I wanted to wait until I got more information before I shared. Today was very informative.
A few weeks ago as I was approaching my first post-op appointment I decided I needed to inform my surgeon that the pain on the right side of my neck had been increasing. I made an appointment with the throat specialist which didn't go very well...she was rude, dismissive, defensive, etc. Treating me as if I hadn't told her correct information 7 months ago when she first saw me. But she examined me differently and she made a direct hit on the painful area. She diagnosed an inflamed salivary duct and enlarged salivary gland and began describing surgery. She ordered a CT to look for a stone, tumor or other cause of the blockage.
Multiple phone calls, insurance denials, labs, roadblock after roadblock delayed the testing and thus the results. What I thought I would know before Christmas was put off until today.
The short version: NO stone! NO tumor! The gland is definitely enlarged probably due to overuse and isn't functioning properly. The only treatment is surgical removal.
But that was the good news.
The Dr, who had been completely rude a week ago, was suddenly compassionate. She proceeded to tell me that the CT also showed an incidental finding. My left thyroid has a very large mass. I would need bloodwork and a needle biopsy. We talked over the details and at my request, she showed me the pictures. I returned to the gland issue and asked what the next steps were for that problem and she said that all that needed to be put aside for now so we could address the thyroid.
I left the office in a total state of peace.
Should I call someone? No, not yet.
Should I cry? Nope, didn't need to.
When I got on the metro, I began reading my book as if nothing had even happened.
I was completely shocked at my reaction. This wasn't typical Jodie.
God continues to completely amaze me! Peace is an incredible provision.
Meeting the King
4 weeks ago
1 comments:
Thankful for His peace. Praying for continued wisdom and healing.
Post a Comment