Since my blog audience is slim I'm going to be brave and vulnerable. If Courtney can share her medical procedures, then I can, too! (I'm not competitive at all.)
This morning I had the "pleasant" experience of being poked and prodded on both ends: endoscopy and colonoscopy. Add to that a migraine and the fact that I'm a difficult find for IVs and it was quite a morning. And the results were:
Benign Esophageal Stricture: my esophagus has narrowed causing food to get stuck halfway down. It would cause pain and pressure in the chest and I felt like I was choking. And sometimes I had the "enjoyable" experience of the food coming back up. The condition is caused by stomach acids traveling up the esophagus and building up scar tissue over time. So during the procedure they inserted a balloon to break up the scar tissue which widened the opening. They also did a biopsy of the esophagus and stomach as a precaution. I will hear results in two weeks.
And on the other end: all clear! Yahoo! That's all you really need to know 'bout that! I'm not THAT authentic.
So I'm left with a headache and a massive sore throat...and I haven't eaten since Wed. But thanks to sweet Anna, I now have Turkey Hill Choc PB ice cream to smoothe away my worries!
So there, Courtney! Aren't you proud of me?!!!!!! (heehee)
Meeting the King
4 weeks ago
6 comments:
Good for you!
And, btw, you totally one-upped me because I didn't post pictures! (You must be competitive!)
That sounds painful, I hope you are feeling all better soon! Way to be a sharer of medical stuff :)
Oh yuck! Feel better soon!
It would have ended (no pun intended) if it were TH VANILLA PB ice cream!
I am noticing a small blog audience, too. Oh well!
Just so you know, here is one more reader. :-) Glad you had some ice cream to soothe things. That would be a fav flavor of mine, too!
Post a Comment