I'm a night owl. I rarely fall asleep before 1am. But I was pretty drained yesterday. Probably due to two things: my "Migraine Monday" and the gazillion work phone calls I've made in the last two days. So I think I fell asleep around 11:30pm last night. I KNOW I fell asleep with my contacts in and the TV on because I woke up at 3:40am with sticky eyes and an aerobics instructor shouting at me to buy his DVDs. I wonder if I was getting in shape through osmosis.
So I turned off the TV and removed my contacts. Making a mental note that I wouldn't be able to put them back in until 10am when the cleaning acid was finished neutralizing. ugh.
So if you've guessed where this is going and have already looked at the time of this post, you are right. I couldn't fall back to sleep. I think I snoozed a bit but by 4:30 I was so wide awake I gave up the fight and started my day. Now by "started" I mean STARTED! I'm wired! I NEVER wake up charged and ready to go. I feel like I could clean my whole house (but why bother?) or finally do my taxes (again...why bother?) or go for a bike ride (kinda dark out). I made coffee (like I need THAT), ate breakfast, put a few things away, and cleaned out the fridge...all while praying for some friends who popped into my head (whenever I can't sleep I figure it's because someone needs prayer).
So now I sit at my computer boring you all with the details of a single woman's morning. And I just now noticed today's date...not kiddin'...it is April Fool's Day. What a cruel joke.
Please, please, pleeeeease don't call me around 3pm this afternoon. I'll be dreaming about a hot aerobics instructor.
Meeting the King
4 weeks ago
4 comments:
I'm not a nightowl. I love to sleep. But today I woke up really early too. I blogged a bit. Then made the mistake of trying to fall back to sleep. I haven't been able to get the sand out of my head since. I should have stayed up. Or called you!
Don't I wish I could get some aerobics done while sleeping. And I always wondered what would happen if I fell asleep with my contact in! :)
You must have had PMS....post migraine syndrome, that is why you had all the energy!
That's so funny Lance's daughter thought heaven would be boring because we couldn't make mistakes. I do find my kids tend to like books/characters that don't always follow what they should do. Perhaps they see themselves reflected in those characters?!
I VERRRY much relate to this post! Only, I'm not single. It's good to know there are other night owls with random sleeping patterns out there!
Post a Comment