I had a wide open day today. Absolutely zero plans or commitments. Last night I was trying to figure out how to spend a gloriously free day.
I woke up motivated to get in a ride and beat the 100% chance of rain. I packed a light lunch so I wouldn't be tempted to stop for lunch afterwards. I thought the NCR would be crowded on this holiday but I guess the threat (promise) of rain kept everyone away. FINE BY ME! It was so empty! I pushed myself hard and made it the whole 14.2 miles round trip. The highlight of the ride was Chris Tomlin's version of Amazing Grace burning up the iPod. Wow...ridin' solo on the NCR singing "My chains are gone I've been set free" on Good Friday. Doesn't get much better than that.
My next stop was Hunt Valley Towne Center to waste some time shopping. Didn't buy a thing. While there I got a phone call that a friend's husband was admitted to Hopkins. Now I knew why I had no plans today. I was free to go spend some time with them.
I had to keep reminding myself that today is Good Friday. It's amazing how easy it is to be so occupied with the cares of life that you forget what really matters. I am definitely myopic and self focused. I'm so glad Jesus wasn't.
Meeting the King
4 weeks ago
2 comments:
WOW, what a great day you had. I'm looking forward to tomorrow and Sunday. It should be a weekend we may never forget!
Blessings,
ave
Thanks for the great reminder to focus on what really matters.
Post a Comment