It's been a busy week. So glad the weather has cooled off so I can enjoy the fire again. I'll spare you the pictures.
Work week: My office days were packed this week as we headed into a new chapter at LifePoint...the addition of a 4th service. We now have 2 on Sat and 2 on Sun. More on that later.
Wed night: I met with my Serve Team which is always a highlight for me. So much fun working with new people who are excited and energized as we plow new territory. I always leave that meeting PUMPED!
Thurs night: the one fun thing I had planned for this stressful week fell through. Let's just say I was not a happy camper and I spiraled to a bad place. Those details will have to be saved for my unpublished blog. But God used an unexpected call from a friend (you know who you are!) to keep me out of the pits. And guess what she wanted to talk about...how to vent when you're angry! God has such a great sense of humor!
Fri and Sat: I attended a conference in DC on the topic of Social Justice (poverty, slavery, homelessness, etc). It was phenomenal. So much to think about. And personally convicting. Now I have to decide what I'm going to do about it.
I didn't have the luxury of my catch-up productive Friday and another week starts tomorrow. So I'll really be ready for this coming Friday.
Sat and Sun: Back to the topic of our four services. We were blown away by the attendance. With around 800 people attending on Sat night we thought we'd have a lighter crowd on Sunday. Nope...still full! Where are all these people coming from? And where are we going to put them next??!!
Sun afternoon: what a beautiful day. I vowed I was going to spend the day out in it. Instead I fell asleep watching the Food Network. Man, I'm addicted to their Sunday afternoon lineup. I was rescued from my couch potato state by two friends who invited me to go to the NCR trail. I walked, they jogged. Oh and I gathered firewood. Yes, I looked quite silly walking with my arms full of kindling. But I really needed it if I was going to have a fire this evening! Success! It was a beautiful cool evening. What a great way to end a busy week.
Oh...it's not over yet. Tonight is yard trash night. Gotta drive around my neighborhood searching for firewood. I'll be totally out in about 2 hours.
Taken along the NCR trail today.
Meeting the King
4 weeks ago
1 comments:
Wow -- there were 800 people at the two services last night?!! That's awesome. We were at the 4:30 service and LOVED it! Thank you for your contribution to making it possible. We love going to church at that time.
Post a Comment