Monday, August 3, 2009

Monday Morning Reflections

I've been reprimanded for my lack of blogging. I liked Dave's "Sunday Evening Reflections" post yesterday so I thought I'd be a copycat. Afterall, imitation is the best form of flattery, right? You are about to see why I've been blog-silent. I lead a very boring life. Now you are so totally excited to read on, aren'tcha?

  • Friday is usually my day off but since I had off the Monday before to hang out with my nieces/nephews, I worked on Friday. Very busy day of follow-up phone calls for the MFG campaign (Mission From God). I wasn't very successful in reaching many people but had a few awesome conversations resulting in new placements. Then the storm came through in the afternoon and hit Finksburg hard. Result? Tornado pics here!
  • Friday night I had no plans so I did the "single" thing: frozen pizza and TV. I haven't watched TV in a long time so that was kinda a treat but I burnt the pizza so that wasn't. Suzie and I kept each other company thru texting cuz she was stuck in the Atlanta airport due to the ripple effect of the East coast storms.
  • Saturday I had no plans all day. So I got up early and wrote a list of 37 things I wanted/needed to get accomplished around the house. I vowed I couldn't do anything "fun" until I accomplished the list. I had a mild headache so took two Exedrine Migraine. Figured that would jump start my day. I began plowing through the list and then started getting weird dizzy spells. Was losing my balance and felt like I was going to pass out. Had to keep sitting or lying down. Figured it was the Ex Migr and coffee on an empty stomach. I slowed down a bit, ate, but worked through item #23 (nap! but only for 10 mins) and then it was time to head to church.
  • I had nursery duty in the 2's/3's class. They were adorable! A full house but so well behaved and great listeners. Some awesome parenting going on in those families! But I had four dizzy spells, including seeing stars, while in the nursery. So I began to think it wasn't the medicine. I thought I was going to faint in front of 12 preschoolers. With only one other teacher present, who is pregnant, and one child in a full leg cast, it could have been interesting if I passed out.
  • Got home and didn't feel like eating anything. Went to bed early.
  • Sunday I got to experience the awesome Orphan service. Mark did a wonderful job. The rest of the morning I spent my time listening to people's journeys (so cool!), assisting people when needed, leaning against walls when my head began spinning, texting my niece who was on her way to our NY cabin for vacation, taking the time to catch up with friends, grabbing the closest seat whenever I got lightheaded, answering questions, etc. I attended a lunch farewell for dear LifePoint friends who are moving out of state. As long as I kept seated, no one could tell I was on the verge of passing out.
  • Time to make this long story short. Got home and took a long nap. Went to friends' house for dinner and a movie. Continued seeing stars and walking off-balance and ended the weekend with a headache. No surprise there. Woke up with it worse this morning. Tried to make an appointment with a new neurologist but they only take referrals.
  • So I'm glad today is my day off. I'm laying low. Very low. And that list of 37 things is remaining unfinished.

4 comments:

Jenn said...

Jodie you need to get yourself to a doc ASAP!

Brooke said...

Agreed! I'm praying for you. If you need anything, I don't have much of anything going on this week. Of course, my 3 babes wouldn't be any help against a headache or dizzy spells. Love ya!

Jodie said...

got a Dr appt this afternoon.

Kara said...

...AND?............