Is a luxury purchase a luxury purchase if the luxury becomes a necessity?
As a part of my deck renovation, I included a firebowl. It has become my favorite part of my backyard. And with the cool summer we've had, I've been able to utilize it quit a bit. So much so that I'm having a hard time keeping firewood stocked (and would welcome any dead wood anyone has to offer!). I'm looking forward to using it far into the Fall.
So what was first a "splurge" has now become an integral part of my day. And I'm thinking it is justifiable because afterall...
...it is therapy which is saving me hundreds of dollars
...it is FREE as long as I continue to scavenger for wood (my nieces and nephews are appalled that I drive around my neighborhood looking for wood after dark on Sunday nights...yard trash night).
...it increases social interaction because it has enticed friends over
...it gets me away from the TV (however, the laptop continues to stay glued to my lap)
...it motivates me. I can't start the fire until I've first completed all my priority tasks.
So wouldn't you agree? It was a very wise investment, right? Gotta throw on a log.
Meeting the King
4 weeks ago
1 comments:
I had a fireplace in my first house, but not in this one, so I miss it badly! There is one in the house I hope to move to next. I am totally in agreement!
Post a Comment