I know this is painfully long. But if you want to hear how I made a complete fool of myself, you'll want to read on.
I write for a read thru the Bible blog. A month ago I decided to write all three of my December posts so I wouldn't have to think about it during the holidays. Good intentions but I didn't quite complete the goal. Instead, I started the one that was supposed to post today, completely set it up but didn't finish it. Had every intention of getting back to it. I didn't forget about it. Remember this was a month ago. Bear with me.
The post was on the entire book of James. So all I wrote (a month ago!) was, "James is a book full of rich truths in every verse. It is impossible to do it justice in one day."
So yesterday I knew that I had to finish the post. It was written on my to-do list and I had my phone setup to shout reminders to me. I didn't forget. Well, until it was 8pm and I was still at work. I had woke up yesterday morning with this...
By 8pm it was really bothering me, even causing pain in my head. So I went to shut down my laptop and pack up my office and my computer wouldn't turn off...just sat there spinning. I finally decided, "I really don't need to take it with me (uh huh). I'll just let the battery die and reboot tomorrow." You know where this is going.
I go home and it never even crosses my mind all evening that I had forgotten to post. I went to bed looking forward to closing my eye(s). At midnight my phone alarm goes off..."BLOG POST"...AAAAAHHHH! One minor detail I left out was that posts must be completed by 4am so that West coast readers can see them in their morning hours. So here it is midnight, I realize I have 4 hours to finish the post and I don't have my computer (no, I don't have a computer at home). I realize there is nothing I can do about it and it really isn't the end of the world. So I adjust my alarm to get up a bit earlier so I can get to the office to post as soon as possible. Sorry, West Coast.
I wake up in the morning and my eye is now swollen and crusting. Yep, pretty sure I had pink eye. I also had two other physical symptoms but I'll spare you the details. Let's just say, I was feeling like crap. I get to the office by 8am and I boot up the computer...no problems. Until I read an email from a friend/pilot/fellow blog writer named Paul. He wrote, "??? Was that intentional? Either way, it made me laugh! I'm in Tampa. Be home later today. We'll talk." I immediately wondered what in the world he was talking about. How could he have read my post when I hadn't pos..............AHHHHHHHH! (for the second time that morning!). A month ago when I setup that post I had even scheduled it! Meaning that it automatically posted at 4am this morning even though it wasn't finished. And remember what it said?...
"James is a book full of rich truths in every verse. It is impossible to do it justice in one day." Period. That's all. Out there for everyone to see.
Well, I don't know if anyone on the West Coast read it but it certainly gave Paul a good laugh. I quickly "unposted" and set to work on finishing it. But first I shot Paul a quick email saying, "Computer issues, pink eye, female issues, intestinal issues...need I go on??? What I really want to say is, 'Shut up! You're in Tampa!' :P"
post finished. scheduled at 9:20am. done. sigh.
Now I was free to address the eye issue. Dr says it's not pink eye but he wasn't sure what it was. Said I had an abrasion and infection. But it's treated the same as pink eye anyway. So to end my Hump Day, I head to the pharmacy after work this evening to pick up my prescription that was called in at noon. They don't have it...out of stock but it will be in tomorrow afternoon. ARE YOU KIDDING ME? DON'T YOU OWN A PHONE? YOU COULDN'T CALL ME TO TELL ME THIS SO I COULD GET IT SOMEWHERE ELSE?
I leave for PA tomorrow and will just have to hope they have it in time. I was about to post a plea on facebook asking if anyone has drops on hand when a friend texted me and asked if I needed drops!
Happy Hump Day to me!
Meeting the King
4 weeks ago
3 comments:
Hi Jodie,
I was on 66books at 4:30 yesterday morning and was wondering what happened. = ) I checked back later in the day & saw you had completed it.
I hope you are feeling better all around very soon!
- Beckie
How did I miss this entry? Are you laughing with the rest of us yet? Love ya and Merry Christmas!
WOW how did you take that picture of your eye!?! You're more coordinated than I am.
Dave
Post a Comment