Bing's White Christmas
Tree lit
Candles burning
Presents wrapped under the tree
Snow covered lawn
The perfect setting for some holiday baking.
I've been craving warm chocolate chip cookies but really don't want a whole batch sitting around the house. But a friend, who is a mother of seven, is stopping by this afternoon (to drop off her kids' presents so I can wrap them!!!!). So I decided to whip up a batch of tollhouse this morning so I can send most (but not all) of them home with her.
As they were baking, I started cleaning out a cupboard and came across a container of oatmeal that was almost empty. Oooooooo! While the oven is hot, I'll whip up some Baked Oatmeal! If you've never had it, you are missing out on a wonderful Lancaster County comfort food. It is like a crumbly cake that you serve warm with fruit and milk for breakfast. Suggestions: raisins, apples, peaches, cinnamon, blueberries, etc. Great for Christmas morning. My favorite is peaches (with some of the juice, of course) covered in milk and warmed in the microwave.
Bing's White Christmas
Tree lit
Candles burning
Presents wrapped under the tree
Snow covered lawn
AND FRESH BAKING SMELLS...
...the recipe for a perfect Tuesday. Now off to work.
Baked Oatmeal
1/2 c oil
2 eggs
1 t cinnamon
2 t baking powder
1 t salt
1 c milk
1 c brown sugar
3 c oats
Mix all ingredients. Pour into 8x8 pan. Bake 350 for 30 minutes.
Meeting the King
4 weeks ago
4 comments:
who ever could that friend be? Sounds like you are quite the friend, but then again I already new that!
Narrows it down, doesn't it? Christmas is a very slow time for me because our family doesn't do presents. I LOVE shopping, wrapping, baking and I don't get to do any of it so I have to beg to help others. Last week I was literally just about to post on fb my offer to wrap gifts when Amy texted me asking if I'd do hers. It was freaky!
Can't believe I spelled 'knew' wrong. Hope Jen V. doesn't see it! :)
Thank you for posting the baked oatmeal recipe! We'll have to try it - I've never had it, and we're all big oatmeal fans here, so I'm sure it will go over well!
Post a Comment