Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thanking God for YOU

There has been a plethora of thankfulness filling the web waves this week. I, too, wanted to start this day by pausing to reflect. I've been thinking about the themes I've seen others post: gratitude, thankfulness, gratefulness, attitude. The discussions usually include a form of the word "choice" such as, "Thankfulness is choosing to have a grateful attitude."

For the past few weeks I've chosen to post daily gratitudes on my fb wall. It has been a tremendous exercise which has truly affected my attitude. I shouldn't keep this idea exclusively for November. I think the word "blessed" is so overused in America and the church. But it is the only word I can think of to use today. I am truly blessed. Above and beyond.

My day's agenda is to decorate my house for Christmas then devour a Thanksgiving meal this evening at the home of friends. I wish I could see all the people I love today and wish them all a HUGE Thanksgiving wish and let them know how thankful and blessed I am to have them in my life. Instead I'll settle for wishing you, my small but faithful blog audience, a very wonderful day of giving thanks. May you choose to be thankful the remaining 364 days of the year as well.

0 comments: