After many considerations, I've landed on my word for 2012...HOPE.
Balance, Persistence, Joy didn't survive the cut. Here is why HOPE beat them out.
This past Sunday I was searching in my jewelry box for something purple (Ravens' playoffs). I came across a bracelet I had purchased to support cancer research many years ago. It has multiple color beads representing each type of cancer. It also has a charm which says, "HOPE." My heart skipped a beat. I've never worn the bracelet. I put it on.
Just a few hours later in the middle of the busyness of church services I received a text from a sweet friend. She has been texting me a verse each day. Sunday's verse was Hebrews 10:23: "Let us hold unswervingly to the HOPE we profess, for He who promised is faithful." Yes, my heart skipped another beat.
Fast forward just a few more hours. It is the 4th quarter of the Ravens' game and I'm getting nervous. A fellow gamewatcher says to me, "Jodie, I think your word for the year should be HOPE." My jaw literally dropped. She had no idea what had already happened that morning.
That sealed it. I no longer had a choice.
Meeting the King
4 weeks ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment