Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Continued Documentation

I apologize to my readers (all two of you). My blog has become more of a journal where I'm documenting things I don't want to forget. I give you permission to skip this post.

Saw Dr. Lane today for a post-op. Sinuses were very inflamed and swollen again and he did a lot of cleaning out. I told him I've been fighting a cold and that my stent was scheduled to be removed tomorrow. He said this was not a good combination and was concerned that the swelling would close the opening that surgery had provided. After much discussion, he decided to put me on major antibiotics and eye drops quickly and let me continue with the stent removal tomorrow. I can now move my follow-ups to every 4 months for a year.

Looooooooong wait for Dr. Tufano because they forgot about me. As for the thyroid nodules everything I heard was what I expected. Repeat sonogram in a year. If any new nodules over 1cm appear they will be biopsied. If current nodules increase by 20% then we will discuss surgery. If I have any new symptoms, repeat sonogram.

When he felt my neck he hit the painful area near the salivary gland and I winced. I told him the CT showed an enlarged gland but no mass or blockage. Both Drs in the room suddenly had a sense of urgency. I gave them the radiology report but he really wanted to see the films which they couldn't find. He wants the films and report to be sent to Hopkins radiology. I heard the same thing from Dr. Gourin 4 weeks ago and they still haven't made that happen. He mentioned auto-immune again like Dr. Gourin did.

See family doctor for a sleep study.

1 comments:

Lisa said...

Two of us, huh? :-)