Friday, September 19, 2008

So, Jodie...what do you do outside of work?

First of all, IS there life outside of work?

Well, when I can find some breathing room, you may just find me on the NCR Trail, walking or bicycling. The NCR is an awesome trail (completely flat and goes for miles!) not far from my house. It is totally in the shade and parallels a stream. It is gorgeous in any season so I grab my iPod and thoroughly enjoy the solitude.














On an evening ride with friends a few weeks ago, a pair of fawns came right onto the trail in front of us. I also just about rode over a snake! And, yes, this is an actual sign on the trail...















On another trip I unexpectedly ran into old friends from Lancaster. The trail goes all the way to York, PA which is where their family had started and had ridden south. It was so crazy seeing Lancaster faces on a trail in MY backyard in MD! Anyone recognize this guy?
















For the past year, I've been using a borrowed bike. But since trading in my Pathfinder, I haven't been able to transport it. So I've been dependent on others to get me anywhere to ride. But look what friends are letting me borrow indefinitely!

And if that wasn't enough, very dear friends heard I was using a borrowed bike and told me they had one in their attic I could HAVE. Jason pulled it from the crawl space in pieces. And the wonderful "Mr. Charles the Bikeman" overhauled it to get it into riding condition. So bye-bye borrowed bike and hello "new" one!

So if you can't locate me, I'm just might be running over snakes.

2 comments:

Kathi Roach said...

Wow Jodie! I love how God uses our friends to provide for us. I want to run on the NCR trail, but am afraid to go alone...is it safe?

Jodie said...

Yes, Kathi! Run the NCR! I'm planning a group bike ride for next Saturday (4th). You should run along with us!