Monday, September 1, 2008

A Delayed Update...

August is a crazy, crazy month for me. So I should have never promised a "report" on my NY vacation. I knew it would take awhile to get this post done.


We had an amazing week. Wonderful weather, fun tubing, beautiful siteseeing, and a lot of fun with everyone there. Jason and Rachel behaved themselves very well and passed the family inspection! Mom and I got Rachel hooked on jigsaw puzzles. Casie and Drew were sweethearts and I had a load of fun with them. Jayne and Tyler joined us on the weekend. The fishing wasn't great but that didn't stop Jason from trying constantly! We hiked quite a bit and I was completely amazed at the incredible colorful mushrooms! Yes, I went a little overboard and took way too many photos of fungus...below are just a few. We took a ferry across Lake Champlain to Vermont and hiked to the top of a mountain (whew!). The view of the Champlain valley was incredible.

Here are the first photos from my new camera!



























































































































2 comments:

Brooke said...

What an awesome camera! :) Looks like you got to enjoy lots of nature. I am envious as we head back for a repeat of Dutch Wonderland. Hopefully, we'll get to camp in the great outdoors for more than two days next to a theme park soon. Glad you're back blogging!

Amy said...

What great pictures! And, what a beautiful area. Glad you got to enjoy a break there this summer.