I made this awesome crockpot recipe tonight for my neighbors and me. It was an improvization of a recipe I found in my Fix It and Forget It cookbook. I had to use what I had on hand because, as you know, no grocery shopping allowed this month.
1 1/2 lbs ground beef or sausage (I used 1 lb beef, 1/2 lb sausage)
1 medium onion, chopped
1 jar spaghetti sauce
10 oz jar of mushrooms
8 oz shredded cheddar (I had misc bags of sharp, mild, white, yellow that I used up)
1/2 box elbows, cooked
4 oz shredded mozzarella
Brown meat with onion. Build two layers in the crockpot in this order: meat, mushrooms, pasta, cheddar, sauce. Repeat (uh, of course...that's what "build two layers" means).
Cook on low 3-4 hrs. I miscalculated and cooked it the full four hours. It was just about to get to that "mushy" stage so stay close to the 3 hr mark. Sprinkle with mozzarella and let melt for 5 minutes.
We had garlic bread and salad with it and it was scrumptious!! We've already planned on eating the leftovers for dinner tomorrow night.
Just wish I had remembered to use a crockpot liner! Grrrr....I swear by those things but always forget to use them!
Dessert? Brownie sundaes at their house shortly. Yum!
Did I mention we started our day with pancakes?
LOVE my neighbors!
Meeting the King
4 weeks ago
1 comments:
This sounds really good! I need to get back into my crockpot. I go in spurts of using it a ton, and then forgetting I have one. And I'm the same way with the liners - I always remember the moment after I've just put everything in. Maybe I should store my box of liners in my crockpot, instead of in the aluminum foil/plastic wrap/ziploc bag drawer...might be on to something there!
Have you seen this? -http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/ That is some crockpot dedication!
Post a Comment