Tuesday, March 11, 2008

My First Blogworthy CVS Deals

Last Week:
I used a $15 ECB coupon to pay for my purchase. The clerk said "I've never seen anyone use such a large ECB coupon before." WOOHOO! I'm famous at the Hampstead CVS! Then, realizing I was a coupon junkie, he said, "Do you want these coupons someone left behind?" Uh...no?


This Week:
When you have curly hair and you find a product you love, you stick with it. Mine is Garnier Fructis Spray Gel. I go through a bottle per month. Garnier coupons are very popular in the Sunday paper so I've been collecting them and watching for CVS to put Garnier products on sale and offer ECBs...this was the week! Today I bought two bottles, paid $4.43 and got $4.00 back. I paid 43 cents for 2 months worth of curls!!

Okay, those weren't nearly as exciting as Jen's incredible deals. But when you are single and don't go through boatloads of toothpaste, toilet paper, laundry detergent and shampoo, you have to celebrate the little things! I think I just enjoying ripping off corporate America. How long before they discover us?

6 comments:

Jenn said...

I don't know when or if they'll catch on but I have to tell you that I feel SO GUILTY everytime I go in there now. I know I'm not doing anything wrong, but it still feels that way.....

Were there any Venus razors up your way??

Jodie said...

Guilt is a funny thing isn't it? It's supposed to indicated you ARE doing something wrong but when you AREN'T you still feel it. Weird, huh?
Venus razors? Are they something great? Then, uh...nope, there aren't any left up this way.

Jen said...

Girls, girls. There's no reason to feel guilty! I actually have a friend whose brother works in corporate at CVS so I asked her how the heck they can do this? She said simply, it's because so few people bother that it really doesn't make a dent in their sales. So, put that guilt aside and CVS away! You deserve it! :-)

Anonymous said...

You guys would love shopping on a military base... I go shopping at the Commissary on base and spend maybe $150 for a full cart of groceries. Then I take that receipt and go to one of the high-end grocery stores and compare the prices.
I normally pay less than half the price, and we dont have to pay taxes on base!! Plus, at the Commissary they have coupons for almost every item hanging above the actual items on the shelf. You just go to what you need and the coupon is right there with it waiting for you!!!

Anonymous said...

oh also... another good product is the TRESemme Mousse Extra Hold 24 hour control. It makes them soft and bouncy!!

Dani said...

I will have to give the Garnier Fructis spray gel a shot, I have yet to find the perfect product for my hair.