Saturday, March 8, 2008

Now Who's Stuck?

If you are like me, you are probably finding yourself driving more cautiously lately.

Thursday night, around 9:3opm, I left the Fullens and head home traveling north on Rt. 91. As I approached Rt 30 I was still a ways off when the light turned from red to green. Plenty of time for Rt 30 drivers to push through their yellow/orange/reddish light. I had a clear green light so I could proceed, right? But I had this "feeling." "Something" (someone?) told me to slow down and make sure that no one on Rt 30 was extending their yellow light and pushing the red. But by the time I approached the intersection the feeling was so strong I knew I had to make a complete stop at the light. BUT I HAD A GREEN LIGHT!! Who stops at a GREEN light? I'll tell you who...a person who follows those "feelings." Because to my right coming from 30 south was an 18 wheeler at full speed toward his RED light. Not yellow, not orange, not yellow-orange, but completely RED. He didn't brake, didn't slow down, didn't blare his horn to warn me that he discovered his mistake too late and that he knew he was traveling too fast to slow down. If you are familiar with the intersection, you know that that portion of the road is on an incline so he was even accelerating in order to get through the intersection. Yes, he was completely oblivious to the fact that he was running a red light.

In one of those "slow motion" moments, I watched the tractor trailer flash in front of me with the realization that I should have been in front of it.
I should have kept going when I saw the green light.
I should have turned left at the intersection.
I should have been hit by that truck.
I may have ended up in eternity.
But for some reason, I wasn't supposed to.

Now it looks like YOU guys are the ones who are stuck...stuck with me for some reason.

Needless to say, I'm praying again.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

see! silence is good! what if you hadnt gone through that silent stage and forced yourself to talk to him? would you have "heard" that warning to stop?
probably not.

im working on a better update with new pictures and stuff. i'll let you know when it comes!

Jenn said...

Oh my gosh, Jodie!! Thank God you are okay!

And yes, I've been too cautious with my driving at as late, and am hugging the shoulder most of the time.

Kathi Roach said...

Wow! Incredible.

Amy said...

I'm so happy to be stuck with you!

Kelsey said...

I'm happy to be stuck with you too!

Jen said...

God is good Jodie! I guess this is another reason why he tell us to "be STILL and KNOW that I am God." And as Huey Lewis says "Happy to be stuck with you"! :-)

Amy said...

Glad Jen got my Huey Lewis quote!