Saturday, November 8, 2008

Good grief!

Late Thursday night after Drew and Casie fell asleep, I went downstairs to close up for the night. Everything was strangely dark. I started flipping switches to no avail. The electricity in the front of the house was out. At 11pm!!! Ugh!
Now for those of you who know about the recent unwelcomed guests in my basement, you'll understand why I wasn't thrilled to have to go down there to check the fuse box in the dark. But I also wasn't thrilled to go to bed knowing there was an electrical problem in my house. So I sucked it up.
I flipped a breaker, went back upstairs and tested a light switch and heard a pop...everything went out again. Tried a second time. No luck. So I gave up. I laid in bed figuring out our escape plan in case we were woken up by smoke alarms.
The next day I called two electrician friends and one agreed he could get to it late next week. I said that was okay because it was just affecting lights and not appliances. Inconvenient but not necessary. I spoke too soon!!! One appliance WAS affected. And now I have this!!!!!


When Drew got home he told his mom about it because he had to "wash all the dishes." Umm...he only dried.

2 comments:

Kathi Roach said...

Love your title! Stacey T. always tells me that I am the only person she knows that says that!!! Now I know, I'm not alone!! Sorry about ur dishes.....no fun!

Jodie said...

Proud to be associated with you!