Dear Ventureland Team Member:
Life certainly is a journey: hills to climb, meadows to stroll through, valleys to dig out of, paths to meander, rivers to cross, mountains to scale. And as we forge life’s trail we often face forks in the road which present us with multiple dilemmas. However, I believe that most of those dilemmas can be answered in one “simple” question: “Will I trust God?”
The past nine years have been an incredible journey for me…personally, spiritually, relationally. I know with complete certainty that God brought me to His work called Carroll Community Church that met in Liberty High School at that time. I remember that on my very first Sunday, I frantically called a pastor before services that morning to find out how to get to the high school. I had been to the office but never to the school!
Well, a lot has changed for LifePoint in nine years: new name, new location, new building, new staff, new people. But our God hasn’t changed. He’s still sovereign, still loving, and still trustworthy. So when He began telling me that He had a “new” just for me, I was faced with the choice to trust…as described in “An Unfamiliar Place.”
I have thoroughly enjoyed leading Ventureland these past nine years. I will continue to brag that Children’s Ministry has THE BEST volunteers at LifePoint! You have all spoiled me by making my job so easy! I loved building programming from scratch. I loved placing people where they are gifted to serve. I loved building teams who are passionate about what they do. I loved designing a facility that clearly indicates to parents that LifePoint values kids. I loved sitting back and watching God work through YOU! So when God began telling me that He could continue to use all those same loves, but for the benefit of His whole church, I faced the fork in the road and followed my trustworthy God down a new path.
On Monday, November 3, 2008, I will begin my new position as Serve Director at LifePoint Church. I will be overseeing the Serve portion of “Gather, Grow, Serve” by engaging people in ministry teams so they can become effective influencers. LifePoint leadership is actively looking for a new Children’s Director. In the interim, Debbie Bachman will be leading Ventureland. Please pray for Debbie and the Ventureland Staff as they seek God’s wisdom during this transition. Current Ventureland Team Members may contact Debbie with ministry needs.
I wish I had the time to personally thank each of you for your specific influence in my life. I have built many wonderful friendships which have taught me so much about the love of Christ. I will forever have fond memories of Ventureland. God has used my time in Children’s Ministry to stretch and grow me in all directions. For that I will be eternally grateful.
Continuing to Serve with You,
Jodie Zorbaugh
Serve Director ~ LifePoint Church
Meeting the King
4 weeks ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment