So speaking of that sock drawer...
What is the protocol for holding on to loner socks?
How long do you keep them as you wait for the partner to show up?
I'm losing sleep over this very pressing question. Please advise.
(Danielle: I offer training sessions on organizing sock drawers).
Meeting the King
4 weeks ago
6 comments:
Great, where do I sign up?! I don't know how long I have had my bag of loner socks...I obviously should not be giving advice in this area!
I know it won't surprise you to know that I have a basket on my laundry table for JUST this purpose. I throw all "loners" in there and then every once in a while I go through and match them. If they are still loners, they get tossed! I figure if they haven't found a mate by then, it ain't gonna happen. Hope you can sleep tonight! :-)
I put the loner sock in the drawer of the person it belongs to and if the missing sock hasn't turned up after the next laundry day, goodbye sock. I throw it away. Although with the kids, I've gotten much smarter, because their socks are ALWAYS getting lost. I buy them a whole bunch of white socks that are exactly the same (Holly one style, Mikey a different style). Then, when they lose one (pretty much every day) I keep it because in a couple of days there will be another loner sock and those two can be a new sock match. Voila!
"I figure if they haven't found a mate by then, it ain't gonna happen." Sounds like my life's motto!
Remember Joe's confession? He follows Kristen's logic. He only buys one style of white socks and one style of black socks. Brilliant! I haven't followed his advice yet. (don't let that get around out of context!)
Post a Comment