I appreciate it when people post good recipes and cooking tips. Especially when the suggestions are money-saving in nature. Recently I've had to tighten the budget so I'm cooking more and shopping smarter. And, of course, add a pinch of God and the results are amazing. Most of the things on my grocery list today were on sale! I actually stood in the dairy aisle with tears in my eyes because of how God was providing.
I relieve stress by cooking. I love the planning, the organization, the prep, the creativity, the multi-tasking, the clean-up and the result. So today when my day didn't go as planned and my frustrations were rising, I grabbed a quart of buttermilk which was leftover from a recipe last week. Within minutes my kitchen was a wreck but I was happy(er). I made all of the following using buttermilk: buttermilk pie (for a friend's birthday), banana bran muffins, a turkey noodle casserole and the biscuits below. In between all of that, I prepared veggie snack packs for lunches and a crockpot of ham/potatoes/beans for dinner with a friend after church. She made the salad and these biscuits melted in our mouths!
I wish I could cook my taxes.
Cheddar Biscuits
1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 cup butter softened not melted
1 cup shredded sharp cheddar
3/4 cup buttermilk
In a mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda. Stir in butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in cheese. Add buttermilk; stir just until dough clings together. On a lightly floured surface, knead dough lightly until easy to handle. Roll into balls, place on greased baking sheet and flatten slightly. Bake at 400 degrees for 12-14 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.
Meeting the King
4 weeks ago
4 comments:
I love how God provides too. In some circumstances when I feel I'm sure to go over budget, He meets me and surprises me.
I hope those grumps are gone. If not, we might have to resort to chocolate therapy! Seriously, though, feel better soon.
Ahhh, chocolate. That's what's been missing. doy!
I'm so glad you are posting recipes! Sorry you had a bad day...
Made these tonight for dinner, Jodie! They were a yummy hit!! Thanks for sharing.
Post a Comment