Saturday, March 14, 2009

Hangin' with the Lawyers

I'm staying with the six Lawyer kids as their precious mama is refueling with her mom and sister. Everyone keeps thanking me for what I'm doing but they have it completely wrong. I am receiving more than I am giving. I actually texted Suzie today to thank HER for letting me do this because I am being totally blessed by her kids. God knew how much I needed this this week.

Since I had to teach a class at church today, I had to farm the kids out to friends' homes. Here was my day...

7:30-1:00, ServePoint: amazing experience, incredible people, blown away, loved every minute, completely God, without a glitch, awe-inspiring, wonderful feedback, totally rewarding, so fulfilling, my niche. What a perfect day!

1:00-3:00, Headache: need I say more. I powernapped before the kids came home.

3:00-5:00, Pottery Painting: as a surprise for Suzie's birthday, the kids painted pottery items for her school desk. Shhhh! They did an awesome job.

5:00-7:00, Finally Home: laughter, entertainment, chores, personality, laundry, dogs, puzzle. Dinner consisted of 5 kids and 5 different requests...no I didn't leave anyone at the pottery place. Josh was at the Page's.

7:00-9:00, Funnel Cakes: the Fullens came over and turned the kitchen into a country fair grounds. Grease and powdered sugar were everywhere! The kids loved it. The Pages brought Josh home and joined the fun. I stayed out of the kitchen and worked on the puzzle with Max and Isabella. I never did get my own funnel cake. For some reason, I didn't have the appetite.

9:00-10:00, Bedtime: baths, toothbrushes, hairbrushes, books, medicines, prayers, precious moments.

10:00-12:00, Computer Time: silence.

12:01am, Silence Broken: I hear a single shot from somewhere out in front of the house which then echoes off the woods behind the house. And I'm just supposed to go to bed as if that's normal?!

1 comments:

Kelsey said...

I totally know what you mean!!!!

That's too much fun!!!