Monday, January 4, 2010

A Few of My Least Favorite Things


(1)
My Dyson: I know! Everyone else LOVES theirs!
To me it's just another vacuum that has average suction and has a roller brush that gets tightly wrapped with hair. It may be pink but it's still a lemon. Grrrrr!




(2) Shower Caddy: I searched high and wide to find the perfect shower caddy that would fit in my shower. Finally found one that I LOVED (but that wasn't cheap!) and a friend installed it for me. It was perfect! Until a few weeks later when it was covered in rust! Are you kidding me!? It's going in the SHOWER! it's gonna get WET! and it wasn't cheap! Good grief! (oh and it's still installed).



(3) Garden Hoses: I love their use but I hate everything else about them. The tangling, the rolling up, the draining, the cracking, the space they take up, their weight, etc. Uh...yes, both of mine are still outside covered in snow at the moment. Didn't have the energy to fight with them and get them winterized this year. I'm sure they'll be cracked in the spring.



(4) Purex Laundry Sheets: some time ago I was raving about these. Time to recant. They stained my clothes! They left dark marks on fabric. I returned them. Sorry to anyone I recommended them to!



(5) Being Ms. Fix-it: although for the most part I don't mind doing home repairs, there are times I'm very resentful that there isn't a man around the house to deal with the necessary evils. Like last week (ie: see post below containing to-do list). I attacked both of my ceiling fans thinking that if I just oiled them they would stop sounding like jet engines. First one went fine. Second one was just as easy until I went to put the cover back on. Didn't matter how hard I tried I couldn't get it back on. The frustration level sky-rocketed so high that I ended up bursting into tears. Yes, like a spoiled little girl. I found myself lying on the floor next to my vacuum and noticed the brush was full of hair (reread #1 above). I proceeded to clean out the brush which resulted in the vacuum being taken apart. And yes, you know where this is going...couldn't get that cover back on either. Okay, I'll stop now before I get to the swearing part.

Please don't buy this for me.



For the record, both bathroom fans sound like jet engines again. And a lightbulb shattered to pieces and blew a fuse when I hit the switch this weekend. Okay, I'll really stop now.

3 comments:

Jenn said...

Well I would LOVE a toolbelt like that!

And for the record, you crack me up :)!!!

REG said...

I'm with you on the dyson. It sucks alright, but not the way it's supposed to. We solve the fix it problem by leaving everything broken. Seriously not a good idea if you ever hope to resell your house one day.

Terri said...

hahahahaha!!! Your lament sounds so much like what goes on in my head DAILY!!!!! The difference is, you actually TAKE the cover off and oil/clean it....I just look at it