Friday, January 22, 2010

What's Up?

My wonderfully relaxing Christmas break seems a lifetime ago. I thought 2010 would be different. Funny how life decides otherwise, huh? Three weeks in and here's what I've been up to...

  • WiiFit...love it! Was diligent for 2 weeks but was swamped this past week. Can't wait to get back to it.
  • Helping at NESAP food pantry. Can't get enough.
  • Haiti Relief: got to help a friend who coordinated an effort through World Vision. Packed supplies going on a cargo plane. Overwhelming. Hard work. Fulfilling. Sad. Amazing, miraculous provisions.
  • Meetings, meetings, meetings: and again this coming week...Mon, Tues, Wed, Thur nights.
  • Got to go home to PA yesterday and today for my parents' birthdays. Cuddled with Maks, watch Casie's hockey game, hung out with Melanie and had lunch with a great friend today.
  • ServePoint: very busy getting ready and now processing all the participants and getting them plugged into ministry teams. LOVE that!
  • Reading: done better than I thought but not as good as I'd like.
  • So this is minor but huge: things have been financially tight and I've been looking for ways to cut corners. And to top it off, this week I discovered a mistake in my checking account that I couldn't figure out. So I spent time tonight with a fine tooth comb raking through every detail and resolved it. Feel so much better! Finances are so stressful. It's gonna be another tight month but I love trusting in God.
  • Haven't been feeling too well. Trying to sort out which Dr to see next to get to the bottom of everything. Nothing new. Just the same old same old.
  • Miss my bike, miss my deck, miss the trail. But still want more snow.

3 comments:

Mrs. Mike said...

I couldnt get Maks to "jump" to show great-grandpa and grandma! He just giggled at me as I jumped around like an idiot hahaha

Mrs. Mike said...

I just did the wiifit "free step" (love that you can switch and watch tv while doing it) with Maks sitting on my shoulders haha, he was hopping around up there all excited about us "dancing". I was in a horrible sweat after that!

Jodie said...

Haven't figured out how to switch to tv. dork.