Friday, January 8, 2010

In Desperate Need of Advice

2007:
I subscribed to the Carroll Co Times for the coupon benefits. It ended up not being worth the cost since most of the coupons were for pet food, baby items and medicine. Not my lifestyle. SO I "CANCELLED" the subscription (sense the frustration yet?).

2008:
Exactly a year later, I started receiving telemarketing calls from CCTimes. "Would you like to renew?" NO. Repeated calls, repeated "NOs!" and finally in the middle of leading my ALG girls I forcefully told them to stop calling me and remove me from the list. They "did." You know where this is going don't you?

2009:
Exactly one year from the anniversary of the anniversary of the cancellation, I started receiving calls again. Every Tues and Wed night for the past SIX weeks I have received the same call. I have asked FOUR reps to not only stop calling but to REMOVE ME so they can never possibly call me again. The last person apologetically promised it would not happen again and if it did to ask for a manager. Exactly a week later, "It" did. I didn't answer the phone...believe me, I recognize the number by now.

What would you do if you knew you were going to receive marketing calls twice a week for the rest of your life because IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO BE REMOVED FROM THE CALL LIST??!!

Can one get sued for causing the hearing loss of someone they've never met before? I own a bright shiny whistle.

4 comments:

Courtney said...

I will never subscribe to the CCT. Thanks for the warning!

Lisa Ridgely Photography said...

Move out of their delivery area. That is how I was able to get the CCT to stop calling me. Well, I guess that's not the ONLY reason we moved, but after getting their calls multiple times a day, it would have been worth it just for that ;)

I have never encountered more 'determined' sales people than the CCT. It really is unreal.

Brooke said...

I think you should send your blog entry as a letter to the editor. :)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.