Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Psalm 139

Committing in front of 1600 people that you are going to read Psalm 139 daily for the next week provides some pretty amazing accountability. However, my closest friends know that I pretty much stick my nose up at accountability. It doesn't affect me at all to have to admit "nope...didn't do it." Maybe I'm so accepting of failure that success isn't a motivator. Don't try to analyze me.

HOWEVER...

...a friend said he was going to commit to reading it also, to which I replied, "I'll check in with you next Sunday to see how you did." And then the shoe dropped..."And I'll ask you," he said. Suddenly things changed.

So far so good. And the really cool thing is I'm not doing it to just check it off the list. Or to impress some friend who's going to find out if I'm a success or a failure in a few days. I really WANT to do it and look forward to it. AND it is really affecting my day. I have it in my email inbox so that I see it everyday.

Hope you are joining the challenge!

1 comments:

Brooke said...

Read it this morning to dispel worries about the sonogram. Brought great peace!