Saturday, January 2, 2010

Working Vacation

RE-POSTED on January 2nd. Almost there!

I'm on vacation but have no plans to go anywhere. I decided to make this a "catch-up" vacation and am planning to stay home and get lots of things checked off my to-do list. I've been creating the list for weeks. Anything from chores to fun things. I was probably a bit over-ambitious on the list but at least I have documented the things I need to get done at some point. Even if it's not completed by January 4th.

So I started accomplishing the list on Saturday thanks to a GREAT friend who spent 4 hrs attacking it with me. And today was meant to be work day #2. At 11am this morning I was ready to begin the list but here it is 2pm and I've only done ONE thing on the list! UGH! So I decided to create this post to motivate me. Here is my TO-DO list which I'm going to cross out as I get tasks accomplished. And I'll probably keep adding to it as the week progresses.

I AM NOW ACCOUNTABLE TO MY BLOGWORLD (all 3 of you!). Let's see if this works.

BOLD = to do
NORMAL = done!

  1. Clean bathrooms
  2. Take down and store indoor Christmas decor
  3. Mop kitchen floor
  4. Iron
  5. Clean car
  6. Get guest room back in order
  7. Redecorate house with everyday decor
  8. Organize linen closet
  9. Clean out purse
  10. Write final 66books post
  11. Wash new pots and pans (my Christmas gift)
  12. Organize bookshelf
  13. Clean fridge
  14. Make shopping lists and run errands
  15. Organize disastrous laundry room
  16. Clean freezer
  17. Replace furnace filter
  18. Set mouse traps
  19. Check mouse traps: WHEW!
  20. Oil bathroom fans that are obnoxiously loud (WORKED! for about five minutes)
  21. Put away deck decor from the summer
  22. Block door drafts
  23. Laundry
  24. See movie
  25. Organize recipes
  26. Help friend organize her kitchen
  27. Put bike and bike rack away
  28. LOTR: Fellowship, Two Towers, Return of the King
  29. Submit rebates (missed deadline)
  30. Hand sewing
  31. Help at NESAP food pantry
  32. Call about missing contact lens from contact order
  33. Shop for everyday supplies
  34. Balance 2009 budget
  35. Organize 2009 receipts to prepare for taxes
  36. Bills, balance checking account, etc (#35-37 took 5 hrs today!)
  37. Scrapbook (that will take an entire day)
  38. Clean out vacuum (sooooo glad that's done)
  39. Shopping trip to Columbia and Hunt Valley
  40. Help a friend decorate a Polar Express cake CANCELLED
  41. Spend a day at the MVA to renew driver's license
  42. Do a puzzle
  43. Prepare Bible study
  44. Create table centerpiece
  45. Refill bathroom wallflowers
  46. Cover deck furniture
  47. Take down outdoor decor
  48. Secure wireless (I'm sooo bad!)
  49. Set up Wii!!! Wheeeee!
  50. Read, Read, Read
  51. Freezer meals: 2 lasagnas, 2 chicken pot pies, taco soup, winter barley, chicken caruso, egg salad (not for freezer). All in a day's work...

2 comments:

Brooke said...

Go, Jodie, Go!

Lisa said...

Here's one more cheer - go for it! I am guessing there are more than 3 of us who read you, too. :-)